Breakfast Man-burger for Dad
June 16, 2020 | Recipes
Father’s Day is this weekend, how will you celebrate it? How about whipping up a man-burger for Dad? He will definitely appreciate the effort and of course the ingredients that goes into this burger made with love. Get him started right by feasting like a king this Father’s Day!
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon drained prepared horseradish
12 ounces ground beef (80% lean)
8 ounces bulk Italian sausage (Chorizo if you want a bit of spice)
Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar
4 burger buns
1 heirloom tomato, thickly sliced into 4 pieces
1 cup of baby spinach
2 large eggs
Stir the mayonnaise, mustard and horseradish together in a small bowl and set aside for burger assembly later.
Cooking the patties:
1. Gently mix together the ground beef, sausage and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Divide the meat into 2 pieces and form each into a patty.
2. Melt the butter in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat and add the patties. Cook until well browned, about 3 minutes on one side and then flip.
3. Top with some cheese and continue to cook until the cheese is melted and the burger is just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Assembling the burgers:
1. Toast burger buns and spread with some of the dressing and top with baby spinach followed by two slices of tomato and a burger patty.
2. Fry eggs cook to Dad’s preference.
3. Place an egg on each burger and serve.